How we helped engineer Next Generation SPMS platform that encompasses all essential functionalities, such as cruise reservation system, crew, and fleet management software, food and beverage management, dining and events management, Spa and Excursions.
The customer expectations are ever evolving in the digital age. According to one of the reports published by World Economic Forum, “some essential attributes of customer expectations in today's digital world include contextualized interactions and seamless experience across channels; anytime, anywhere”.
Catching up with the waves of the digital age, cruise operators have geared up to present an impeccable passenger experience through flawlessly orchestrated management that passengers will treasure for a lifetime.
Our client, one of the leading software solution providers in the hospitality sector, went ahead exploring this path, with mission to revolutionize how cruise companies would handle their fleet operation in the years ahead, by incorporating new cloud technologies and giving both shore-side and onboard teams a single platform to communicate as one voice. Their approach was to build a Next Generation Shipboard Property Management System (SPMS), with Point-of-Sales (POS), Gangway, Crew management, Safety, Security, Housekeeping, Spa, Excursions, and Fine Dining features, leveraging new age technology platforms.
Abjayon was engaged by the client for its deep expertise in enterprise architecture and depth in product engineering. Over two years, Abjayon has worked with the client to build the system.
Their approach was to build a Next Generation Shipboard Property Management System (SPMS), with Point-of-Sales (POS), Gangway, Crew management, Safety, Security, Housekeeping, Spa, Excursions, and Fine Dining features, leveraging new age technology platforms.
SOME OF THE KEY AREAS WHERE ABJAYON TEAM WAS INVOLVED AND DELIVERED INCLUDE:
- Design the overarching technical architecture for the Enterprise solution, including technology selection and security and performance architecture
- Design the core application framework for service and UI layer to provide foundational services and APIs
- Develop key modules like reservation management system and financial management system in collaboration with other development teams in Europe
- Design and Develop Cloud Agnostic Fully automated DevOps processes to manage CI/CD pipeline
- Design and implement container management application monitoring using Kubernetes and ELK stack
- Participate in Scrums and Scrum Management
- Management of overall QA process. Planning and execution of all QA efforts, including functional, performance and security
- Design of automation framework (API, UI, and Performance)
The project has been a huge success and the team has continuously received high praises by the client.
At this time, the product is in the final stages of QA and is getting ready to be delivered to a leading Cruise company. Of course, our team is very excited about this and waits for the system go-live with a lot of eagerness.