ABOUT THE TEAM:
Abjayon is an enterprise technology services provider with focus on two areas – implementing Oracle Utilities Applications and providing product and solution engineering services to enterprise customers across the world.
The position is within the Solution Engineering division of the company that specializes in building and implementing enterprise products and solutions.
As a Product Manager, you will assist with all phases of the software development life cycle including gathering and translating of business requirements into functional design and specification, software testing, and documentation for releases and enhancements. The Product Manager will bring to the position a high level of energy, willingness to adapt to change, a passion to learn new technologies while delivering and keeping customer focus/priority in mind, and the ability to serve as an expert in their specialized product and market.
The ideal candidate will have an understanding of Utility industry operations and trends, a conceptual and practical understanding of software development life cycles, an understanding of software platform architecture, and the ability to assist in the testing efforts required for new functions and features.
- Interact, liaise, and communicate status updates through development cycles.
- Respond to feature and functionality questions from the various channels, including both internal/external customers and vendors.
- May provide pre-sales support including customer presentations, meetings, high-level design reviews.
- Stay abreast of industry markets and requirements.
- Collaborates with customers to identify business opportunities.
- Responsible for design, process, manufacture, test, quality, and marketing of products from conception to distribution.
- Assist with the preparation of documentation, both on assigned and generic projects, including release notes, newsletters, online help, etc.
- Assist with the preparation, organization, and implementation of beta installation and conduct 1st/2nd line support during the beta process.
- Travel may be required.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of one or more of the following:
- 1 year related software systems and 1-year Utilities Industry Experience
- 2 years as an industry business or software analyst
- Good computer/systems background: PC platforms, Windows Operating Systems, Oracle, SQL, MS Office applications
- Interpret functional requirements into writing clear design documents that are used for development, creation of test scenarios, and documentation team to publish a customer-facing document.
- Preferred related applications knowledge for represented product and industry.
- Previous experience working within a multi-cultural global software development project a plus