- Schedule tasks, deadlines and milestones for all stake holders and inter-department resources
- Manages/coordinates/escalates project tasks on a day-to-day basis
- Disseminates information to team members through task and sub-task assignments based on requirements
- Coordinates communication between client, staff, sub-contractors, and third parties acting on behalf of PMO
- Efficiently and competently manages problems when things go off plan (due to scope-creep, changed requirements, missed deadlines, etc.) and brings them back on plan or creates a new plan with the assistance of key stake holders
- Leads and monitors all activities for project teams of varying size (typically 5+ IT staff) that performs project management functions for multiple, high risk, technologically-based projects from initiation through delivery
Required Skills and Knowledge
- As a Senior IT Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing several major current projects
- You will be managing and delivering several projects of varying sizes, adopting best practise project management techniques to achieve project deliverables and maintaining communication to project team members and stakeholders via meetings and reporting.
- You will work directly with the developments and delivery teams and external parties.
- You will be confident person, be able to communicate effectively to stakeholders/customers face to face as well as over the phone.
- You will possess good understanding of Software Development and Testing life cycles.
- Experience of project delivery using an Agile methodology would be beneficial.