This role expects the candidate to work closely with the scrum team effectively, understand the requirements, and think through all possible use cases to test and produce an outcome that results in improving the quality of the product. As a team member of the designated scrum team, the role also demands the following (but not limited to):
- Ability to test the software early in the cycle – right from requirement grooming sessions
- Author test cases and peer review team’s test cases
- Provide effective communication regarding issues
- Collaborate with developers in sorting out conflicts of requirement understanding or for clarifying bug details
- Automate the tests within the sprint under the guidance of the lead
Must Have Skills:
- Strong functional test experience & web service testing
- Able to understand the requirement, author test and execute them with little or no guidance
- Hands-on experience with tools like Postman in testing the web-services (SOAP or REST)
- Experience with writing basic SQL queries
- Experience in using test management tools like JIRA, Zephyr etc
- Experience with functional or non-functional automation (JAVA knowledge preferred)
- Good to have experience on Testcomplete tool.
- Good to have experience working with Azure Devops.
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with Python, Lua.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Should demonstrate qualities of a good team player